There are some extra features tucked away in RadarScope that aren’t immediately obvious but can make your use of the app more efficient. They’re accessed by a long press, or via 3D touch on supported devices.
Long press or 3D touch the product name to reveal a grid of commonly used radar products and tilts. Drag your finger across the grid to quickly change products or tilts. The product picker provides a way to scrub swiftly between reflectivity and velocity or between tilts of the same product, without repeatedly navigating in and out of the product menu.
Long press or 3D touch the loop button to reveal the loop scrubber. The loop scrubber is a blue bar with segments representing the frames in the current radar loop. Drag your finger across the loop scrubber to move between frames. A single tap returns to the toolbar.
Long press or 3D touch the Settings button to reveal a grid of available layers to display on the map. Currently, the displayed layers are highlighted in blue. All of the layers in the Layers tab of the setting are available here, identified by short IDs. The following table identifies each layer and its availability:
- WARN – Warnings
- WATCH – Watches
- STI – Storm tracks
- LTG- Lightning (requires RadarScope Pro or AllisonHouse)
- EXP – Toggle expert mode
- PING – mPING reports
- LSR – Local storm reports (requires Pro Tier 2 or AllisonHouse)
- SNR – Spotter reports (requires Spotter Network)
- SNL – Spotter locations (requires Spotter Network)
- MD – Mesoscale discussions (requires AllisonHouse)
- CAT – Categorical outlook (requires Pro Tier 2 or AllisonHouse)
- TOR – Tornado outlook (requires Pro Tier 2 or AllisonHouse)
- HAIL – Hail outlook (requires Pro Tier 2 or AllisonHouse)
- WIND – Wind outlook (requires Pro Tier 2 or AllisonHouse)
- LOCS – Custom locations
- CITIES – Cities
- HWYS – Highways
- AZSHR – Azimuthal shear contours (requires Pro Tier 2)
- HSIZE – Hail size contours (requires Pro Tier 2)
- HPROB – Hail probability contours (requires Pro Tier 2)